Sunday 22 September 2019

Review: Noble Blood (podcast)

Lore is the only podcast I listen to frequently (or at all, really). The only reason I started this one is because it's a sort of spin-off of Lore.


Noble Blood is the latest of several podcasts associated with Lore. It started earlier this year, and currently has six episodes. I've only listened to the first two.

Like Lore, this podcast deals with historical events. Unlike Lore, none of the events covered are ghost stories. Instead they're about royalty or nobility. That doesn't mean they're not as chilling and grim as the folklore and whispers of supernatural activity, though. The first episode is about Marie Antoinette. Specifically, about her imprisonment and murder. It's exactly as horrifying as you'd expect.

I must say I'm not overly fond of the music or the narrator's way of speaking. The music doesn't always fit the events being discussed, and the narrator's way of running sentences together makes it hard to tell when she's stopped one sentence and started another. I find it very distracting when I try to decipher a long, rambling phrase only to realise it's two different sentences.

Though when I can ignore that, the podcast is interesting and educational. I never knew much about Marie Antoinette or Charles II before, and the same goes for the people mentioned in the other episodes. Of course, this also means that I don't know how historically accurate the podcast is. I'm going to assume it's reasonably accurate. If anyone knows differently, feel free to correct me.

If you want to listen to a historical podcast, you might enjoy this one. Warning: it's not quite as disturbing as Lore, but it has its gruesome moments.

Is it available online?: Yes, here.

Rating: 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment